Job: Weatherization Field Tech
Rate of pay/benefits: $14.00/hour-starting rate. Full time position; benefits provided.
Closing deadline: January 31, 2014
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for weatherization of residential properties as part of energy efficiency and conservation services provided by VGJ.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed in this job.)
- Conducts weatherization repairs and installations in accordance with industry requirements and quality standards.
- Performs weatherization functions including but not limited to: caulking, weather-stripping, installation of door sweeps and thresholds, water heater jackets, water saving showerheads, new glass, storm windows, vapor retarders, duct sealing, insulation materials, installation of attic vents and hatches.
- Works in confined spaces to insulate attics, crawl spaces and basements.
- Performs general construction work as needed including framing and carpentry.
- Educates low-income clients on the value of energy conservation methods.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all issued tools or equipment.
- Accurately maintains required records for work performed, labor hours and inventory used.
- Inputs information on personal computers including time accounting and material usage sheets.
- Assists crew chief as needed with updating computerized rolling stock sheet ; may process stock orders.
- May assist in field training new employees as needed.
- Applies safety practices and principles to daily work.
- Participates in all organization-wide efforts to improve safety, quality of service, efficiency and teamwork.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of weatherization in energy conservation.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematics as related to tasks performed.
- Ability to understand and apply appropriate Weatherization Field Standards.
- Skilled in the safe and proper use of work related tools and equipment.
- Skilled in general construction or carpentry techniques.
- Ability to safely operate motorized vehicles.
- Ability to operate personal computers and work related applications.
- Ability to perform job duties quickly and efficiently in order to meet established goals.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a weatherization team.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and ability to apply them to all facets of the job.
- Ability to exercise good judgment on the job.
- Ability to perform job duties with general supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Education/Experience: High school graduation or equivalent (GED) plus a minimum of one year of prior experience in building trades including carpentry or construction. Prior weatherization experience preferred. Computer skills desirable.
Preference is given to Military veterans.
Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license or able to obtain one within two weeks of hire and a clean driving record.
Must be able to regularly lift up to 60 pounds and occasionally 75 pounds without assistance. Must be able to crawl into and work in tight spaces with a 24″ minimum vertical clearance. Must be able to climb and to work on ladders or roofs up to 35 feet in height. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl demonstrate manual dexterity, talk, hear, and see.
Application Process: A Veterans Green Job application is required and can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded HERE or by calling 720-236-1311. Resumes may be included with the application.
Mail or drop off completed application to Veterans Green Jobs 953 Decatur St, Denver 80204 or Fax to 720-236-1325, no later than Monday July 22, 2013. If sending by email, please send your resume and cover letter as an attachment to email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters that are sent in the body of an email will not be considered. Thank you.
Military veterans will be required to furnish a copy of their DD-214 at the time of hire.
Finalists will be subject to a background check and Motor Vehicle Report.
Veterans Green Jobs is an equal opportunity employer.