Q: Why is December 6th a better day to give than December 25th??
A: Because it’s Colorado Gives Day!
Colorado Gives Day is an initiative to increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. Presented once again by Community First Foundation and FirstBank, Colorado Gives Day will take place during a 24-hour period on Tuesday, December 6, 2011. Donations will be accepted through GivingFirst.org, with a goal to inspire and unite Coloradans in supporting local nonprofits.
Here’s why your gift will mean so much when you give on Dec. 6th:
• 100% of your donation goes to VGJ (no processing fees.)
• FirstBank is providing a $300,000 Incentive Fund which will increase the value of every dollar donated on the 6th. So, the more you donate, the bigger slice of the Incentive Fund pie VGJ will get!
• Every dollar that you donate could also be doubled by the $10,000 matching donation proposed at our Veterans Day Breakfast event.
• Help us win cash prizes! We have a chance to win $1,000 Bonus Bucks and $5,000 High Five cash prizes when you remember us on Colorado Gives Day.
• You can dedicate your donation in honor of/memory of a veteran and we will post their name, your name (unless you wish to remain anonymous) and your dedication to them on the VGJ website, under “Donation Dedications.”
• 100% of your donation goes towards helping veterans find jobs!
…now that’s what we call fundraising!
Please donate online at https://www.givingfirst.org/veteransgreenjobs/overview any time over the 24 hour period of December 6.